TELLING STORIES WITH PHOTOGRAPHS IS MY JAM. PASSION. DRUG. PURPOSE.
Formally trained as a museum curator, Kate Headley's eye for detail, character, and beauty come to life in the images she creates. She is an EDITORIAL AND COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHER based in Washington, DC who travels the East Coast and world capturing images for magazines, small & large businesses, publishers and many more interesting clients. In addition to being able to seek (squeak?) out great light and composition, Kate has a keen awareness for styling and art direction, whether she is collaborating with a creative team or guiding a small business client with their stylistic needs.
she currently books:
- storytelling and signature image creation for businesses
- lifestyle and editorial shoots for magazines & publications
- portraits and professional headshots
- photographic book projects
- travel stories along the East Coast, Michigan/Midwest and abroad
- in studio and on location photoshoots
- portraiture of children and families in DC
- parties and events
Amaryllis Inc / American University / Appointed / Brides / Chaia Taco / Chik Fil A / Cosmopolitan
/ Country Living / Edible DC / Headfirst Camps / Health / Hillwood Estate / Inn at Perry Cabin /
/ Kimpton / Knead and Know / Kramer Books / Laura Dowling / Linnea’s Lights / Maggie Austin Cake / Martha Stewart / Matt Cameron Rugs / The Scout Guide / Timber Pizza / Typecase Industries / Varnish Lane / Victoria Magazine / The Washington Post ...and many more